Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lost Sleep Over Chickens

Last night I was awaken at 3:30am, DJ had yet another nightmare and woke up Ari with his crying, so they both ended up in our bed.  I could not fall back asleep.  Before I went to bed I was researching homesteads and vegetable gardens and CHICKENS.  (I'm always full of projects, unfortunately, not always dedicated.)  So all I could think about was creating/building a 'mini' homestead ~ if there's such a thing.  I've been thinking about this for some time.  So I asked hubby what he thought about it and of course, he looked at me as if I had two heads.

As I balanced myself on the edge of our bed,  I began to pray, as all I could think about was sending my kids out to get 'fresh' eggs from the chicken coop that I think I'd like to have. I asked God to help me fall asleep, a while later I began praying asking God to give Carlos the same vision of having a homestead, if that was His will...that he would loose sleep (I really didn't pray that he would loose sleep).  I prayed for almost every aspect of my thoughts and most importantly that this would not be 'just another project' that I would lack consistency in and become lazy with.

Before I knew it, the sun was coming up, Ari was awake and my chances of any more sleep quickly slipped away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment